Mindjammer Press Forums
March 30, 2017, 10:38:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Discuss the Mindjammer, Monsters & Magic, and Chronicles of Future Earth games and settings.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with characters  (Read 222 times)
IanRLiddle
« on: May 28, 2016, 09:45:37 am »

While I'm waiting for the physical books to arrive (I find them better to work from for character creation than a PDF); I've been thinking about the characters I'd like to have for a ship crew.

SAL1S: Is an artificial construct, with a body made up of a swarm of shapechanging robots controlled by the central A.I.
KES: A four-armed blue-skinned alien who uses pheremones to 'persuade' others to do her bidding. This is similar to the Kestarians from Shatterzone (if you're familiar with the game)
LOUIE: An intelligent Gorilla ex-mercenary with cybernetic enhancements and a massive automatic shotgun. Louie has appeared in nearly every game I've ran in one form or another.

Being relatively new to FATE-based games, I'd appreciate some assistance in how I would make characters like these.
Marmaduke

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 10:12:56 am »

SAL1S: Is an artificial construct, with a body made up of a swarm of shapechanging robots controlled by the central A.I.
An extremely quick version of Variform? With capacities such as Flight and the ability to slither into tiny holes?

KES: A four-armed blue-skinned alien who uses pheremones to 'persuade' others to do her bidding. This is similar to the Kestarians from Shatterzone (if you're familiar with the game)
I don't know Shatterzone. But how does she know which pheromones to use? My understanding is that each species she encounters might potentially react differently to pheromones, from total absence of reaction to allergy. Maybe she hides a cybernetic lab inside her lungs which permanently analyzes everything in the air? A unique Stunt would allow her to use Science to process the information and Technique to produce the pheromones, maybe? With relevant malus when the lifeforms have different chemistry or scale, and bonus when she has had time to experiment with the local population. I would make that into an Aspect, because there are so many ways this could go wrong, so it needs to be compellable.

LOUIE: An intelligent Gorilla ex-mercenary with cybernetic enhancements and a massive automatic shotgun. Louie has appeared in nearly every game I've ran in one form or another.
No need to come up with new stunts here I guess: Pithecine xenomorph with extras from the list.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: