Mindjammer Press Forums
March 30, 2017, 10:36:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Discuss the Mindjammer, Monsters & Magic, and Chronicles of Future Earth games and settings.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mindjammer Novel  (Read 1096 times)
Thoom

135790532 Drablak
View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 16, 2014, 05:48:32 pm »

I'm reading the novel and I'm really enjoying it. It sets many things in my mind about the MJ universe. A real page turner! Smiley

I'm wondering if part of the story comes from your tabletop game? Can you manage this level of drama in a RPG game? Just curious!
Commonality_intendant
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 01:30:26 pm »

Hi Thoom,

Really glad to hear you're enjoying the novel! It was a blast to write - I'm also working on the second Mindjammer novel at the moment, which features ongoing adventures of the some of the characters...

Obviously fiction and gaming overlap but are pretty distinct when you write - things which work at the table don't work in fiction, and vice versa, although perhaps that's less the case with Fate games than other RPGs because of Fate's "dramatic" component. Some of the character interaction certainly comes from my house campaign - although we haven't yet played the Solenine Campaign. I'm expecting it to run somewhat differently when we do!

Cheers,

Sarah
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: