Mindjammer Press Forums
March 30, 2017, 10:45:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Discuss the Mindjammer, Monsters & Magic, and Chronicles of Future Earth games and settings.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RQ6 Chronicles of Future Earth.  (Read 3869 times)
Fiddler

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2014, 06:39:38 pm »

http://mindjammerpress.com/2014/03/21/mindjammer-press-and-the-design-mechanism-announce-the-chronicles-of-future-earth-for-runequest-6th-edition/

Looking forward to seeing this. 

The RQ6 rules are my favorite fantasy gaming rules. The BRP family of games looked fun but never clicked with me until I read the RQ6 rulebook. So reading that my favorite rpg setting writer was going to work with my favorite fantasy game just made my day.
What made you decide to go with RQ6 instead of continuing with BRP?

Thanks again Sarah Newton for this and Mindjammer 2ed.
Commonality_intendant
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 05:05:46 pm »

Hi Fiddler,

Thanks for your support and encouragement - great to hear you're a RuneQuest 6 fan also! Smiley

There were lots of reasons for choosing RuneQuest 6, but ultimately it was down to how sophisticated I felt the rules were, and how much I could do with them without having to write lots of rules additions for the game - I'd like the Chronicles to be as much setting material as possible, and be relatively light on the rules. RuneQuest 6 has some great personality and augmentation rules, plus the creature abilities, fighting styles, special effects, and all the various magic systems give me a lot to play with. I think it accommodates the greatest range of styles of play out of all the d100 sets - you can play it pretty simple and stripped down, or dial up everything for maximum breadth and crunch.

Ultimately I felt they'd be the best fit for Chronicles for the way I play it. At the same time, the fact that we won't have to include lots of new rules means that people should be able to take the book and play it with exactly the d100 rules set they like to use.

Cheers!

Sarah

maitete

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 11:43:58 pm »

Any chance we'll see a Fate Core implementation? I could probably cobble one together myself, but I love how you well you use Fate to do things in Mindjammer.

-Tony
Commonality_intendant
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 04:25:48 pm »

Any chance we'll see a Fate Core implementation? I could probably cobble one together myself, but I love how you well you use Fate to do things in Mindjammer.

-Tony

I've certainly thought about it. At the moment I think there's a lot of community activity in the Fate Core fantasy sphere, so obviously I don't want to duplicate everyone's awesome efforts. I'm thinking first to see what the RQ6 version looks like, and then maybe to see if a Fate / Mindjammer version makes sense. It's definitely a possibility. Smiley
Thorn Plutonius

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 02:02:40 pm »

I will NOT ask for a progress update.  I will NOT ask for a progress update.  I WILL...

/sigh/

So, how's the game coming along? How's the novel coming along?  I'm not looking for dates of publication.  I just want some re-assurance it has not fallen by the wayside.

Jakob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 11:12:17 am »

Since we're back at this forum now, I'll take the opportunity and ask about CoFE - any news there? I'm still very much looking forward to it and mighty curious whether it will end up being for Mythras, a stand-alone, if it will use any kind of BRP system or something else ...
OpsManager
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 03:33:26 pm »

Since we're back at this forum now, I'll take the opportunity and ask about CoFE - any news there? I'm still very much looking forward to it and mighty curious whether it will end up being for Mythras, a stand-alone, if it will use any kind of BRP system or something else ...

Jakob

Thanks for your question. I have spoken to Sarah about this, and this is her quick reply.

Chronicles of Future Earth is very much alive, and being actively worked on right now.

Beyond that I can't say much more, as I only have limited access to the Mindscape.
Jakob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 02:49:54 pm »

I just read on the Design Mechanism's forums that CoFE for Rq6/Mythras won't be happening ... I hope the setting will still see release for some other system (or as a standalone)?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: